Thursday 9 August 2007

Busy Week

Well it has been a busy week. The Adelaide Craft Fair was great fun, I did some Demos for Rrip It Scrapbooks and also learnt something new myself.
Hmmmm Opals wow this was really cool.

We used opals on chipboard and it looked fantastic and even put stamp impressions into the opals and it just gave it a great lift. I was awestruck by the effect of it. I'll be definately trying it again. May put together a tutorial about it and some of the things you can do with opals.

Took both boys to see Peditrician - All seems fairly good there. Mitch has a preventer now for his Asthma. Just also worked out why Mitch has been getting up at midnight for the past few weeks. He has been having bad dreams about monsters under his bed and now that Hayden has his own room, Mitch is scared. We read to Mitch and reassure him there is nothing there. Even got the air freshner out and sprayed under the bed to say the monster is gone now.
He is so dependant on Hayden that we are trying to introduce him to other things and other friends.

Met up with Kerry Murray yesterday which was really great. Went down to Mc Cafe with the kids. Had a great chat. And the kids had a great play together. Mitch was a little upset on the way home as he had a great time with Mikayla. He was calling 'my kayla, I want kayla' cute poppet he is. We'll have to do it again Kerry. I may see if I can get down and do a class at Scrap Station to see the other girls there too.

Currently working on my Circle Journal for Scrap with V. Love it! Here is a look at my sign in page. I thought doing flower tags would be something different to do instead of normal tags.




Here is a close up of the flower tag. I am so into wire at the moment that I thought I'd have a go at making the centre of the flower with wire and beads. I think it looks cool. The flowers are diecuts by K&Company and I think they are gorgeous.

I did my first Rrip It Class last week really enjoyed that. I have another class next weekon Thursday making chipboard monograms. So I am looking forward to that.

I'm running a Stampin' Up! workshop too at Mum's place on Sunday so I am looking forward to that and having a lot of fun there. We will be making little 6 x 6 scrap pages. Mum wants to learn about scrapbooking as she'd like to go to the Retreat in Qld next year with me for SWV. So excited about that.

Cheers

Lea xx

3 comments:

Miss cath said...

Love that flower. The wire and beads looks great

yvonne said...

wow Lea, your journal looks absolutely beautiful, you'll have to post some of the other pages too!

kerry said...

Lea the journal looks great and now that i have seen it it has inspired me to get started on mine.Mikayla was alos asking for Mitch as she really loved playing with him.She had a great time too thanks for the chat.