Friday 21 September 2007

Inspiration!

I have been searching for inspiration to get my Scrappin Mojo back since being sick. I have created 2 layouts.

The first one, 'Bestfriends' I got inspiration from Kerry Murray, I totally admirer her work. And I just loved her Lily Layout. So I gave it a go by using Basic Grey - Blush - Adore & Admire. Also used the matching diecut alphas and BG Rubons. I cut out all the leaves / hearts and the flowers and layered them.
The circle around 'be' was done using Dimensional Magic and placing beads one by one around the edge. I even added a little signature embellishment to it - One of my Dragonflies.








This second Layout is for my Stamping Class at Rrip It Scrapbooks. Using watercolour crayons directly onto the stamps and using water mist to wet it, then stamped onto some cardstock. It came out great. Then with a blender pen I used to shade in certain areas, partially colouring in.

I also used some cute little vellum with vintage type pictures on it from my lovely friend Donna.


The flowers I used a template and cut them out and then folded each petal in half and flattened out. Then using a pen I curled each petal.
All I have to add is some of my own hand journalling to the page then its finished.


Both Layouts are for classes at Rrip It Scrapbooks coming up shortly. The first one comes from a sketch, to which I dressed it up a bit more. Then used the layering technique from Kerry Murray. ( thanks Kerry). I also used some BG white edge rubons.


Hope to get better soon so I can get back into the full swing of things again. Sorry if I have been slack updating the blog. Will get better as I get better.




Cheers


Lea xx




No comments: